|Expertise:|| ||3-5 Years experience|
|Education:|| ||Bachelors Degree|
|Job Type:|| ||Full Time|
|Locale:|| ||Exeter, NH|
|Percent Travel:|| ||NA|
|Start Date:|| ||ASAP|
The capacity planner role will lead the processes of quantifying available capacity, understanding future demand requirements, creating machine loading scenarios, maintaining man/machine product standards, creating and maintaining capital equipment purchasing plans, providing decision making guidance to senior managers, and managing capital asset performance reporting. The position will report to the Production Planning Manager with dotted line responsibility to the Machine Shop Manager and Finishing Manager.
• Utilizing production planning and MRP information from Oracle to develop off-line spreadsheet/database models that will be used to determine capital expenditure [machine, fixture] and headcount decision making, sourcing decisions, and schedule feasibility/optimization
• Reviewing and improving man and machine standards for product routings, including by conducting and documenting detailed time studies
• Setup and use of capacity planning within Oracle
• Development and maintenance of capital equipment purchasing plans and headcount change plans
• Development of specifications for and working with IT to develop actionable measurement and tracking to include man and machine productivity, machine utilization, downtime and sources, and schedule adherence
At least 3 years of industrial or process engineering, production planning, scheduling, machining production supervision, or capacity planning
Advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Excel and Access, programming, or statistics programs
Deep working knowledge of IE concepts including utilization, productivity, efficiency, throughput, product standards, and cycle times
Experience with ERP systems (especially Oracle), including product master data such as bills of materials (BOMs), routings, and operations
At least a BS in an analytic, problem-solving field such as engineering, mathematics, etc.
An “A” type personality: passionate and high energy
Creative problem solving skills, and the capability to get things done.
Click here to apply
return to job listing