Sr Cognos Modeler/Developer
|Job Type:|| ||Professional|
|Start Date:|| ||ASAP|
Function and Scope: The Cognos Modeler/Developer will be responsible for designing and developing Cognos BI solutions that shall include activities pertaining to Analysis, Data modeling and Report Development. This individual will assume a lead technical development role in the creation and deployment of enterprise BI reporting solutions. The position will be tasked with creation and maintenance of enterprise level reporting solutions and business intelligence applications. This position will also be responsible for analyzing requirements in tandem with assigned business analysts and provide guidance/mentoring for BI developers from other business units.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interface with sponsoring business units, IT and third party developers through the product development and testing process to ensure the delivery of error free business intelligence applications.
2. Develop new and support existing Cognos BI reporting solutions to include reports and framework manager models.
3. Write and maintain technical specifications that describe program development, data modeling, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
4. Provide technical assistance and analysis with troubleshooting reports and data models by effectively responding to inquiries and questions.
5. Interact with assigned business analysts and project manager to ensure an accurate and comprehensive understanding of data and reporting requirements.
6. Ensure timely and thorough issue escalation and resolution as well as strict adherence to all project milestones and deadlines.
7. Serve as the Cognos subject matter expert during all applicable product implementations and bug fixes.
8. Work in conjunction with the quality assurance team to create and/or validate system acceptance and user acceptance test plans and test scripts to ensure error free delivery of tools and reports as required.
9. Provide project status updates and reports to senior leadership as required.
• Four years of professional experience in data modeling using Cognos BI Framework Manager.
• Two years of extensive Cognos BI report development experience.
• Must have demonstrated experience in the creation of complex data models using framework manager, complex reports and dashboard style solutions using Cognos.
• Ability to translate business needs into viable long-term information architectures and solutions
• Proven leadership experience developing solutions with best-of-breed tools, such as Cognos and Crystal Reports. Experience with Cognos 8 or 10 preferred.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively throughout all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
• Accountable, with a problem-solving mindset, highly self-motivated and self-directed
• Strong data modeling, data analysis and data architecture skills
• Proven experience working in a fast paced data warehouse environment, including data design, data integration, database architecture, metadata and reporting creation
• Experience in Salesforce.com and other CRM solutions
• Experience working with Oracle eBusiness ERP
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Education and Experience:
1. A Graduate or Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or a related field.
2. 4-7 years of experience working with Cognos Business Intelligence Suite in a data warehouse/mart environment
Click here to apply
return to job listing