Last modified: May 25, 2018
Sig Sauer, Inc. (SIG SAUER) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Websites and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website or any other SIG SAUER Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Children Under the Age of 18.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to, name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and birth date, (“personal information”) or documents that contain your personal information, such as, a driver’s license, a license to carry, military identification, law enforcement identification or a completed background screening;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about a purchase you have made that qualifies for a warranty or promotional discount; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details; and/or
- information that is contained in your public comments and postings on the Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, making purchases, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
SIG SAUER may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, news groups, and/or product review boards available to its users. Please note that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Although we do not do so currently, we also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit SIG SAUER, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is currently in the process of developing a “Do Not Track” Standard. Since the definitions and rules for such a standard have not yet been defined, and because Sig Sauer does not track the online activity of individuals, Sig Sauer does not yet respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from browsers.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, notices, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us and let us know at email@example.com or unsubscribe via the opt out option in our emails.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SIG SAUER’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SIG SAUER about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SIG SAUER, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by one of the following methods: checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all unsubscribe and opt out methods may not be available at all times. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Note that altering settings or opting out tracking technologies on one device (such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone) does not necessarily alter setting or opt out of tracking on other devices. Users should take care to ensure that the proper settings are applied to all devices through which they connect to the Website.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
EU-US Privacy Shield
SIG SAUER complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework and adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to personal data that is received from the European Union and Switzerland. The Department of Commerce lists the participants in the Privacy Shield at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
SIG SAUER is accountable for personal data received under the Privacy Shield and that is subsequently transferred to a third party as described in the Privacy Shield Principles. SIG SAUER remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if SIG SAUER’s third party agents process the personal data on SIG SAUER’s behalf in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless SIG SAUER proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We encourage you to contact us should you have Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) questions or complaints. Our contact information is below in the “Contact Information” section. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, a U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider is available free of charge. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. SIG SAUER is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address below.
Information relating to EU Data Subjects
This section applies only to EU citizens accessing SIG SAUER websites from within the EU.
If you are a European Union citizen, and you are accessing the SIG SAUER websites from within the EU, your personal data is protected by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). SIG SAUER is committed to controlling and processing your personal data in compliance with the GDPR, and the following information is provided for your knowledge and benefit.
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, psychological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
- “Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- “Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of that controller.
- Lawful Basis/Purposes of Processing: SIG SAUER processes your personal data on the following bases:
- Fulfilling our contractual duties to you
- Pursuing our legitimate interests
As a company involved in retail activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, for our own internal administrative purposes, reporting potential crimes, or maintaining legally required records of sales.
Additionally, we may process your data in order to fulfill our contractual duties to you, including the processing of a sales order, providing repair services, maintaining our warranty registrations and databases, and other tasks related to the provision of goods and services.
Finally, some information you provide we may be required to process and retain in order to comply with applicable law, including records regarding the sale or other transfer of firearms.
If you choose to create an account on our website, or place an order, you must provide the personal data requested. If you refuse to provide such data, we will not be able to create an account for you, or fulfill your order.
- Rights of Data Subjects
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, or object to processing of your personal data as well as the right to make a complaint to a supervisory authority.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to data portability and, if processing of your data is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or have any concerns as to how your data is being processed you can contact the webmaster at:
Sig Sauer, Inc., 72 Pease Boulevard, Newington, NH 03801
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like product review boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Sig Sauer, Inc.
72 Pease Boulevard
Newington, NH 03801